Free health education classes cover stress management, heart disease risk factorsPublished 7:04pm Friday, September 23, 2011
Lakeland HealthCare will offer a free series of three health education classes for the community on the last Wednesday of the month at The Salvation Army, 424 North 15th St., Niles. An optional lunch will be provided by the Salvation Army from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; all classes begin at 1 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 28: Stress Management
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of stress
• Learn to use stress management techniques
Wednesday, Oct. 26: Act In Time
• Learn how the heart functions
• What is a heart attack?
• Learn heart attack warning signs
• Understand the importance of rapid treatment for heart attack (Calling 911)
• Know what to do if warning signs happen
• Learn how to reduce your risk of heart disease
Wednesday, Nov. 30: Heart Lessons
• Identify risk factors for heart disease
• Identify lifestyle changes that may help you decrease your risk for heart disease
Registration for the classes is encouraged but not required. For more information or to register, call The Salvation Army in Niles at (269) 684-2660 or Lakeland HealthCare in St. Joseph at (269) 556-2872.
Tags: Lakeland HealthCare