Millages, school board elections TuesdayPublished 5:00am Saturday, May 1, 2010
Tuesday is school board election day in Berrien County. There are also several millage proposals on the ballot. Here is the rundown.
School Board Elections
Brandywine: Full Term, Vote for 2
James Curran, 1347 LaSalle Ave., Niles
Mike Shelton, 2455 Portage Rd., Niles
Buchanan: Full Term, Vote for 2
Jim DeVlaminck, 513 Woodland Drive, Buchanan
Marie Hodge, 12871 N. Red Bud Trail, Buchanan
Lisa Marsh-McCarty, 4970 West U.S. Highway 12, Buchanan
Sandy Tobler, 14692 Rangeline Rd., Buchanan
Laurie Vergon, 3665 Walnut, Buchanan
Niles: Full term, Vote for 2
Jeff Curry, 103 Hummingbird Lane, Niles
Mark Wortham, 33117 Pokagon Highway, Niles
• Operating millage proposal: A .7938 mill levy ($0.7938 on each $1,000 of taxable property) from 2010 to 2016 to fund operations at Buchanan Community Schools. Estimated revenue from the millage is about $66,488.
• Millage proposal, sinking fund tax levy: A .80 mill levy ($0.80 on each $1,000 of taxable property) from 2010 to 2014 for sinking fund purposes and the construction and repair of school buildings. Estimated revenue from the millage is $230,699.
• An 18.5 mills levy ($18.50 on each $1,000 of taxable property) from 2010 to 2014 to fund operating expenses at Niles Community Schools. Estimated revenue from the millage is $3.025 million.
Niles City Polling Locations
• Precinct 1/2, Niles High School, 1441 Eagle
• Precinct 3, Niles Fire Station, 1345 East Main
• Precinct 4, Westside Admin Building, 111 Spruce
Niles Township Polling Locations
Precinct 1, Fairland Church, 1811 Riverbluff
Precinct 2, Police Complex, 1600 Silverbrook
Precinct 3, Township Department of Public Works, 322 Bell
Precinct 4, Community Evangelical Free Church, 120 East Bertrand
Precinct 5, Morris Farm Fire Station, 2001 Morris