Ross Beatty High School names Top 10 SeniorsPublished 10:02am Saturday, April 24, 2010
Ross Beatty Jr./Sr. High School has named its Top 10 Seniors for 2010:
• Jessica L. Biek is the daughter of Jon and Julie Biek, of Cassopolis. She is graduating with a 3.55 GPA, cum laude. Jessica has been involved in Thespian Troupe 2323, Science Olympiad, National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society. She also participated in the Lakeland Fine Arts Festival and played varsity volleyball, club volleyball and soccer. Jessica attended the Berrien County Math and Science Center at Andrews University for four years while enrolled in high school. After graduation Jessica will attend St. Mary’s College to study math.
• Paige N. Breden, daughter of Eric and Donna Breden, of Cassopolis, has a GPA of 3.72 and will be graduating magna cum laude. During high school, Paige has been active in SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Spanish Club, Varsity Club, tennis, volleyball and cheerleading. Paige also was dually enrolled at SMC her junior and senior years. Paige is planning to attend Southwestern Michigan College for one year before transferring to Grand Valley State to study dentistry.
• Robert A. Corbidge II will graduate magna cum laude with a GPA of 3.86. The son of Robert Corbidge and Marianne Yawkey, of Cassopolis, Robert has been a member of the concert and marching bands for four years, has participated in the Lakeland Conference Fine Arts Festival, and is a member of National Honor Society and Educational Talent Search. Following graduation Robert will attend either Western Michigan University or the University of Michigan.
• Kristen M. Fitzsimons is the daughter of Mark Fitzsimons and Lori Gorham, of Cassopolis. She is graduating with magna cum laude with a GPA of 3.72. Kristin has been in Spanish Club and Honor Society, Varsity Club and SADD. Kristen served as Honor Society president and student body president. She participated in varsity tennis and volleyball, and was dually enrolled in SMC during her senior year. Kristen will be attending the University of Michigan studying athletic training.
• Vincent A Frank is the son of Julie and Rodney Bailey, of Cassopolis and David Frank. Vincent has a GPA of 3.88 and is graduating magna cum laude. He has been involved in the FFA, Spanish Club, and is a member of the National Honor Society. Following graduation Vincent will attend SMC for two years before transferring to a four-year college.
• Graduating cum laude with a GPA of 3.69 is Davina L. Johnson. She is the daughter of Dave and Minu Johnson, of Cassopolis. Davina has been a member of the tennis team and was dually enrolled at SMC while in high school. Davina will attend Andrews University’s pre-medical program in the fall.
• Elizabeth A. Mays, daughter of David and Suzanne Mays, of Cassopolis, is graduating summa cum laude with a GPA of 3.93. Elizabeth has been active in Band, National Honor Society, Spanish Club and Honor Society, Science Olympiad, soccer, tennis and served as president of Thespian Troupe 2323. She participated in the Lakeland Fine Arts Festival and is enrolled in art classes at Kendall College. She also attended the Berrien County Math and Science Center at Andrews University for four years. Elizabeth will be a freshman at the University of Michigan School of Engineering.
• Robert M. Moore is the son of Deborah Moore, of Cassopolis and Dennis Forbes. Robert is an honors graduate with a GPA of 3.48. He has been a member and secretary/treasurer of the International Thespian Society, Thespian Troupe 2323, National Honor Society and Educational Talent Search. Robert has participated in band for four years, serving as drum major his senior year. He also is a member of the Calvin 4-H Club. Robert will be studying French and Spanish at SMC.
• The son of Oli and Barbara Olafsson, of Vandalia, Agust Olafsson is graduating with a GPA of 3.8, Magna Cum Laude. Agust has been active in the Thespian Society, National Honor Society and the Lakeland Fine Arts Festival. He was a member of the track and soccer teams, and he has coached junior soccer. Agust also attended SMC classes while in high school, and was a member of the 4-H Club. Agust will attend Kalamazoo College in the fall.
• Caleb M. Oliver is the son of Jeff and Dawn Oliver, of Cassopolis. He will be graduating with honors and a GPA of 3.46. Caleb is a member of the Cassopolis golf team and the National Honor Society. After graduation Caleb will attend Indiana Technological University to study graphic design.