Argus to print regular police blotterPublished 11:12am Thursday, March 25, 2010
The Edwardsburg Argus will be printing a regular police report from the Edwardsburg Police Department beginning with this issue.
Week of March 21
• Edwardsburg police report sometime during the night of Friday, March 19 and early morning Saturday, March 20 someone entered a Buick vehicle, apparently going through the glove box. No items were reportedly taken from the vehicle.
• Police report several more vehicles were entered at the location of Edwardsburg Estates, 69425 M-62. Most vehicles reportedly were not missing any items but a few were reported to have had money taken from the vehicle.
• Police report a vehicle break-in occurring sometime between the evening of Friday, March 19 and early Saturday morning, March 20. According to police someone gained entry to a Chevrolet four-door vehicle, though nothing was reported missing from the vehicle. Police do report the glove box had been gone through.
• Edwardsburg police report criminal activity near the Edwardsburg Estates trailer park. According to police, sometime during the evening of Friday, March 19 and early Saturday morning March 20, someone entered a Pontiac Venture near that location. Two DVD players were reported missing.
• Also in the Edwardsburg Estates area, police are reporting a suspect entered and took money from a Ford Explorer.
Week of March 15
• Edwardsburg police report another break-in of an unlocked vehicle near the intersection of U.S. Highway 12 and Lake Street. There sometime between the night of Friday, March 12 or possibly early morning Saturday, March 13, an unspecified vehicle was entered by an individual. Two pocketknives and a pair of binoculars were reportedly taken.
• Edwardsburg police report the attempted home invasion of a rental property located near the intersection of M-62 and Rolan Dr. Police say between the evening of Friday, March 12 and early morning Saturday, March 13 the suspect or suspects allegedly tried to gain entry to the property from the rear of the building by making attempts to pry the door open.
• Police report that at approximately 8:30 p.m. Friday, March 12 suspects being described as teenagers broke a window at Edwardsburg High School.
• Police are reporting a home invasion occurring near the intersection of Barber and Maple Street. Edwardsburg police say on the morning of Saturday, March 13 sometime after 1 a.m., a suspect entered an unidentified residence. A man’s wallet and a woman’s purse were reported missing.
• Edwardsburg Police report a motor vehicle break-in near the intersection of Lake Street and U.S. Highway 12. According to police, a suspect or suspects entered the garage of an unidentified residence, gaining entry into the vehicle inside. The car was rummaged through and the suspect then entered the residence at approximately 2 a.m.; a purse and cell phone was reported missing.
• Police are reporting the theft of a blue, two-wheel drive Suzuki quad runner. According to police, the vehicle was stolen from an unidentified building on Elkhart Road at or near Sherman Road. Police say the incident occurred sometime between the evening hours of Thursday, March 11 and early morning Friday, March 12.
• Edwardsburg police continue to investigate several vehicle break-ins taking place between the evening of March 5 and the early morning hours of March 6. According to police, several vehicles were broken into on Davis Street, Church Street, Lake Street and First Street in the village. Items reportedly stolen include stereo equipment, computer equipment, money, wallet, GPS and tools. Police report in all six vehicles entered most were unlocked. Damage to one vehicle’s window was reported.