Take in local New Year’s Eve festivitiesPublished 10:44am Wednesday, December 30, 2009
By AARON MUELLER
Niles Daily Star
Before you make plans to go out of town for your New Year’s Eve celebrations, check out what is going on locally.
New Year’s Eve events
- St. Mark Catholic Church, 3 North 19th St., Niles, is hosting a New Year’s
Eve Dinner/Dance. Mass begins at 7 p.m., followed by
appetizers and dinner at 8 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Prime rib and a Polish
buffet will be served with a champagne toast at midnight and a beer and
wine cash bar. Entertainment will be provided by the Mike Vaszari Band.
Tickets are $35 per person and $240 for a table of eight. Advance tickets
only. Call 683-8650.
- The Fraternal Order of Eagles 2441 will host a New Year’s Eve Dance
featuring the band Jordi from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Dec. 31. There will
be food, party favors and dancing. No cover charge, public welcome. The
Eagles is located at 101 East Railroad, Dowagiac.
- The VanDyke Revue band will be performing at Riverfront Cafe, 219 Front St., Niles, at 8 p.m. There will be a lobster and steak dinner special for $20, which includes a champagne toast at midnight.
- Jay’s Lounge, 3025 South 11th St., Niles, will have DJ O’Dogg on hand and will be open until 4 a.m. New Year’s Eve.
- The Community Evangelical Free Church, 120 E. Bertrand Rd., Niles, is hosting a family game night from 7 p.m. until midnight. A pickup band will be performing. There will also be movies, guitar hero and Wii in the youth room, board games and volleyball in the church gym.
- Wood Fire Restaurant, 134 S. Front St., Dowagiac, is hosting a New Year’s Eve Extravaganza. Joyce Walker and the Outcast Blues Band will be performing, and there will be a champagne toast at midnight. The restaurant will be open until 2 a.m. and party favors will be provided. Reservations only.
- Captain Jack’s Redwood Inn, 93200 County Rd. 690, Dowagiac, is hosting a New Year’s Eve party with party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. There is a $20 cover charge per person, not including dinner or drinks.