City to review grant, contract and requestsPublished 8:20am Monday, October 12, 2009
The Niles City Council faces a full agenda when they meet tonight.
Council members will consider the following requests at Monday night’s meeting:
- Approval of a request from Niles Main Street DDA to hold the annual Holiday Homecoming Celebration event on Saturday, Nov. 28 and various other requests for the event.
- Approval of a request from the Department of Public Works to accept the quote of $3,230 from D&D Tire Sales, Inc. of Niles for the purchase of tires for two front end loaders in the Street Department equipment fleet.
- Authorization of the use of 2009 FTA/MDOT grant funds for the emergency repair of Dial A Ride Bus No. 4 at a cost of $5,852.49 payable to Campbell Ford of Niles.
- Approval of a request from Niles Dial-A-Ride Transportation to accept the high bid sale amount of $1,161.37 from John S. Hall of Dowagiac for the purchase of a light-duty cutaway bus which was retired from service after exceeding its normal useful life span.
- Approval a request from the Finance Department to enter into a service agreement with Payment Services Network, Inc. of Madison, Wis. to provide credit card services to facilitate online and walk up credit card services to our customers and consideration of authorizing the City Administrator to sign the agreement.
- Approval of a request from the City Clerk to purchase a Sharp MX-7001N copier for City Hall use from US Business Systems of Elkhart, Ind. at a cost of $16,636.
- Approval of a request from the Southwestern Michigan Economic Growth Alliance (SMEGA) for submission of the City’s yearly dues contribution of $20,000.
- Approval of a request from the Department of Public Works to accept the low bid of $134,611 from Northern Construction Services Corporation of Niles to complete the 2009 Sidewalk Replacement Program, Phase II and consideration of approving a total expenditure of $179,632 for the project to allow for additional work to be performed.
- The adoption of a resolution to approve the designation of Speculative Building Status for the building at 1919 Industrial Drive as per a request from French Enterprises, LLC.
- Approval of the MDOT Contract No. 2008-0179/A1 as an amendment to the original MDOT Contract No. 2008-0179 for additional work needed to facilitate the above ground fuel farm project at Jerry Tyler Memorial Airport.
- Approval of the proposed cemetery rate increases as outlined for Silverbrook Cemetery with the increases to be effective Oct. 13.
Monday night’s meeting will also consist of a second reading and enactmentof a ‘Right of Way Ordinance’ to promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare and to exercise reasonable control over the public right of way by regulating the use and occupation of such right of way by video service providers who lack a METRO Act permit.
The Niles City Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 1345 E. Main Street at 6 p.m.